Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Doesn't take much!

If I am talking about engagement, I will share a little story.
Up until seconds ago, I could not for the life of me embed a video. A fellow teacher (we share an office) just showed me how to embed a video and I literally jumped out of my seat!! Yes, he did look at me in surprise as he didn't realize why I was so excited. He was very happy to have helped and my excitement was evident.
I have just been really happy with my "blogging" experience, I am engaged, trying something new and meaningful and learning lots.
Honestly, if I was writing a paper, I am wondering what would have made me jump out of my seat....literally??
It doesn't take much to get students, including myself, to become active in their learning.
See what can make your students jump out of their seats today.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's a great observation, Lisa. I'm so glad we're building an assignment that should come with seat belts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you may have to start handing out seat belts. It was a great moment for me :)

    ReplyDelete