Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just have to share!!! IO Intelligence Online


I haven't blogged in a while as I am sick :( and working quite rigours on a paper :( 

While I was doing research for my paper today, I concluded that there is so much information, resources, philosophies, approaches, websites, etc. etc. out there!!  My head is about to explode.  How is one person supposed to know that all of these resources exist?  I now understand that one of the benefits of being part of a group or an online virtual community, allows you to share information you may not come across on your own.  I believe IO may be a virtual community that I would like to be part of :)

Currently I am doing research for a paper on Project Based Learning.  I am interested in engagement and 21st century learning...just look at my blog :)  I find Project Based Learning is an excellent approach for engaging the 21st century learner.

I just (literally) came across an article that was talking about teachers using IO, or Intelligence Online....just what I need!!  It is a personal workspace for teachers that provides support, lessons, everything you need to get started when designing projects. 

The foundation of IO is the work of the Galileo Educational Network Association. Galileo's proven methods have been developed and refined by Dr. Patricia Clifford and Dr. Sharon Friesen over a 20-year period.


I have just signed up for my free trial, and possibly a membership if it is everything it claims to be.  I will for sure continue to blog about this as I think it looks like an excellent resource for teachers to create engagement in their classrooms.  Who wouldn't want help in designing projects, creating meaningful learning experiences, and engaging students?

That is about all I can write for now as I have yet to try this site for myself.  I have included the link (above) and hope others sign up too.  I will let you know how it turns out!

Hope it is everything I have been looking for!!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Lisa, and you may also know about Michele Jacobsen from the U of C who had been deeply engaged with Galileo for a long time. Their material is excellent, and their organization has definitely made a difference. I do wish it were free, given the amount of public funding that has supported Galileo over time, but I imagine they are tying to build this into a self-supporting enterprise. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too wish it came without a fee. I did sign up for a trial period, just to check it out. I am hoping it turns out to be worth the fee :)

    ReplyDelete