Friday, June 18, 2010

Xtranormal


Xtranormal

City Project

I was unable to embed the video that I created for a project I did with my students, so I provided the link....hope it works. 

So I am always talking about engaging the 21st century learner, but I never actually included examples that I do.  I was reading Terri-Lynn's Blog  (fellow grad student) last night about Photostory 3 and realized, "hey, I use that too."  Then I started thinking about all the fun resources I do use. 

Xtranormal is a lot of fun!!!  It is a program that allows you to create movies simply by adding text.  They have a variety of settings and characters and even some movements you can add to your characters.  I have used it with students as an introduction to a unit.....see the city project link, but I also have created some just for fun.  Try it out!  Maybe instead of another e-mail, you can create a movie for someone :)

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great, :Lisa. Can you tell me a bit more about the technical requirements. Is it web-based, windows, Mac? Tbanks for the video... looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rick,
    I believe (from my experience) it is all web-based. You need to sign up for an account (free) and then start creating :) I have only used Windows, but I am sure it would be fine for Mac too.
    They were experiencing technical difficulties a while back as they were having problems with the program freezing. They must have fixed something as I have not had problems creating since then.

    ReplyDelete