Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Here it goes!!!

So, here is my first attempt to blog.  Well actually it is my second attempt, the first time was with a different program/site, not great.

I am starting my first course for my master's degree, so nervous.

Now, I had an option to write either an 8000 word essay, or create a blog.  Well, the essay was my first pick, because it is safe....I know how to write an essay.  The blog takes me well out of my comfort zone!!!  However, if I am going to make the best of this program and my first course, I want to step outside my comfort zone.

I have decided to blog about engaging the 21st century learner, elementary students in particular.  I hope with this blog to learn a lot about the importance of student engagement and technology in the 21st century, and how they link together.

I will share lots of my thoughts and ideas, but will also include articles, videos, readings, whatever I can find that will help with this topic.  I also hope to hear back from people on the same topic so I can further my understanding.  I really hope to have several view points and much feedback.

Now this is just a short introduction of why I am creating this blog.  I will hopefully add my thoughts, ideas and information several times a week.

Hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, LIsa. You're the first out of the gate with this, and you're off to a ripping good start! I'm looking forward to all of the ideas you'll write about in the coming weeks and beyond. I do hope this becomes a labour of love, and you continue with it far beyond the narrow confines of our class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blog. Check out the Active Learning Blog Carnival for lots of examples of engaging elementary students http://activelearningcarnival.blogspot.com/ I no longer post to it but left it up as a resource for people like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks!! I will check it out for sure. I am really hoping to get as much feedback as possilbe, I really appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rick!! I am actually starting to enjoy this thing called "blogging" :)

    ReplyDelete