Friday, May 7, 2010

Next Generation Learning???

Well, I am officially trying to add my first link :)  I have never stepped so far out of my comfort zone....ever!!  One of my fellow AISI teachers sent me the link for this video, thought I would share.

I think the entire video my mouth was open, stunned....does this really exist??  I can't imagine what it would be like to teach in an environment like that.  Do you think the students are engaged?  Looks it. 

Now, I also asked myself, "If this is every day  for these students, how would you keep them engaged over time?"

I really hope to get feedback on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBT9mmizL8&feature=player_embedded

2 comments:

  1. Interesting video...I reallly like the use of the kid as narrator. I wonder what a counter-argument video might look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would be interested to see what that might look like.
    I really liked the idea that students who didn't have computers or laptops home, could sign them out for the night. I wish that was or could be the case in more schools.

    ReplyDelete